Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Fresh Start

It's Spring, the season for lovely flowers and fresh starts.  I cannot wait to get out in the garden!  My lemon tree is in bloom and the scent of the blossoms is intoxicating.  Several of my roses are just starting to bloom including my yellow heritage rose bush, Lady Banks, which has spread its branches up against the fountain of white blossoms put forth by a spirea bush.  Pink petals are just beginning to rain down from the Cecile Brunner climbing rose which threatens to take over the entire flower bed.  The Souvenir de la Malmaison is outdoing all of them with over half a dozen large pink blooms.  I got really lucky this year that my Black eyed Susan vine didn't freeze.  I'm hoping it will be at least six feet tall this summer.



One of my favorite things to do is bring the dogs out into the flowers for a photo shoot!  Disney and Henry have been primping in preparation (read Mom stuck us in the tub!) and I am hoping for sunshine on Saturday.  I can't wait to play with these photos and a few of the new stamp sets from the Spring Close To My Heart catalog.  Have you seen these sets: Delight, Spring Up, A Blossom and A Garden?  Check out the Spring section of our brand new catalog beginning on page 64 or view the online catalog.  I can't wait to play!


Disney was just a tiny pup when he posed for this picture in front of the Black eyed Susan vine.  I've got my fingers crossed for some great shots this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment